The SeaWorld Aquatica project consisted of the renovation of an existing waterpark (Knott’s Soak City) to make it unique to the SeaWorld brand. The theme of the South Seas meets Southern California, a whimsical, one-of-a-kind waterpark which blends up-close animal experiences, waters from serene to extreme, high speed thrills and sandy beaches. The SeaWorld Aquatica project is an “…innovative hybrid concept that combines a marine park with a water park.” Guests are able to interact with animals as they zip down water slides, visit the flamingo habitat and the white sandy beach.
The Copley Price Family YMCA project consisted of a 2-story facility of approximately 53,000 sf featuring an aquatics center, fitness center, teen center, community meeting room, soccer arena, computer lab, child care center, and preschool. The facility serves 18,000 people in the community and focuses on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility while promoting and supporting community interaction, education, healthy living and life-changing wellness programs.
recreation project list
• Border View Family YMCA
• Boys & Girls Club – Clairemont
• Carmel Valley Community Recreation Center
• Hillsborough Recreational Facility
• Hillside Community Center
• La Jolla YMCA
• Mira Mesa Community Park Expansion
• Montevalle Community Park Recreation Center
• SeaWorld Aquatica Flamingo Exhibit – San Antonio
• SeaWorld Aquatica Flamingo Exhibit – San Diego
• SeaWorld San Diego